Discover my 10 top things to do in Dubai, United Arab Emirates!
10) Splurge at the Mall of the Emirates.
Dubai is known for its shopping and the Mall of the Emirates is the best place to start for this. The Mall has a huge number of stores ranging from high street names through to designer brands.
9) Sunbathe on Public Beach, with views of the Burj Al Arab.
The Burj Al Arab is one of Dubai’s most famous hotels, which has been designed to look like a sailboat. Along with Kite Beach, Public Beach is a great spot to let off some steam with a dip in the sea and a view of this remarkable architectural structure. *FREE TO VISIT*
8) Check out the Deira Gold Souks (Markets).
This huge labyrinth of covered walkways has a plethora of markets offering jewellery made of gold, silver and other precious metals and stones. *FREE TO VISIT*
7) Take the lift to the top of the Burj Khalifa.
The Burj Khalifa is the world’s tallest building and so any Dubai itinerary should include a trip to the top. *TOP TIP* Book tickets in advance here and arrange for an entry time 90 minutes prior to sunset, so that you can see the vast desert landscape by dusk and the city’s twinkling lights by night.
6) Embark upon a boat tour of Dubai Marina.
The modern Marina is an incredible sight and, like with a trip to the top of the Burj Khalifa, is best witnessed at sunset. *TOP TIP* No need to book in advance, there are a number of ticket offices dotted around the Marina that offer hop-on-hop-off boat trips .
5) Eat the best Thai food outside of Thailand at Thiptara.
*TOP TIP* Eat at Thiptara and have the best seat in the house for the Dancing Fountains (as mentioned below).
4) Have cocktails with unspoilt views of the Burj Al-Arab.
3) Watch the Dancing Fountains at the bottom of the Burj Khalifa.
While ascending to the top of the world’s tallest building is impressive, watching the world’s largest choreographed fountain (located next to the Burj Khalifa) at night is even better. Outside of Ramadan, the ‘performance’, which is set to music, is in operation for a duration of 5 minutes at 30 minute intervals between 18:00 – 23:00. *FREE TO VISIT* – if you watch from the lakefront.
2) Lounge by the pool in 40 degree heat at Riva Beach Club.
1) Spend a day at the best waterpark in the world – Aquaventure Waterpark on the Palm Jumeirah.
If you’ve enjoyed this article, you may enjoy reading my top 10 things to do in Jordan.