An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in Oxford!
10) Wander through the city’s stunning narrow streets and end up at the covered market.
9) Go punting on the River Cherwell.
8) Explore the Ahmolean Museum, Britain’s oldest public museum.
7) Tour the most well-known of the Oxford colleges, beautiful Christ Church.
6) Stroll through the city’s Botanical Gardens and appreciate the wonderful rose garden.
5) Stumble upon Oxford’s ‘Bridge of Sighs’ (Hertford Bridge) – the only one of its kind that is situated above a road, rather than water.
4) Walk through Port Meadow and stop for lunch at The Trout Inn, made famous as the riverside pub in Colin Dexter’s ‘Inspector Morse’.
3) Visit the Bodleian Library, the main research library for the University of Oxford and one of the oldest libraries in Europe.
2) Head to Oxford Castle and enjoy the panoramic views of the ‘dreaming spires’ from the top of Saxon St George’s Tower.
1) Check out the architectural feat that is the Radcliffe Camera – the city’s much-photographed round library.
Why not check out my top 10 things to do in Cambridge too?