- Wat Plai Laem an active Buddhist temple on the island of Koh Samui, in the Gulf of Thailand. It is a great place to gain insight into the customs and beliefs of the Buddhist faith.
- The compound features an 18-armed statue of Guanyin, the Goddess of Mercy and Compassion. Guanyin is considered to be a protector and a source of unconditional love.
- Another statue on the compound is that of the laughing Buddha, standing at 30 metres high.
- The temple is surrounded by a man-made lake full of carp and catfish. You can grab a bag of food to feed the fish for the cost of 10 baht.
- Entrance to Wat Plai Laem temple is free and it is open during daylight hours.
Koh Samui is the perfect location for an inexpensive holiday in south-east Asia. Why not discover my other favourite activities on the island here?