An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in Edinburgh!
10) Have coffee at the Elephant House, the alleged ‘birthplace’ of Harry Potter.
9) Check out Royal Yacht Britannia.
8) Relax in Princes Street Gardens.
7) Stroll through the Old Town and take many pictures of the colourful, winding road of Victoria Street.
6) Walk the Royal Mile from the Castle up to the Palace of Holyrood, Queen Elizabeth II’s official residence in Scotland.
5) Sample delicate haggis balls at Cannonball Restaurant.
4) Pay a trip to Edinburgh Castle.
3) Explore Edinburgh’s ‘Acropolis’, Calton Hill – home to many of the city’s monuments, including the iconic Dugald Stewart Monument.
2) Visit the city during the Edinburgh Fringe and buy tickets to see everything from comedy shows through to silent disco tours of the city.
1) Hike up to Arthur’s Seat for wonderful panoramic views across the city.