An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in Melbourne!
10) Devour authentic Chinese cuisine in Chinatown.
9) Ride the historic tramway.
8) Take the lift up to the Eureka Skydeck for panoramic views across the city and to find ‘Australia’s highest post box’!
7) Check out Flinders Street Station, the oldest railway station in Australia.
6) Visit Cooks’ Cottage, the former home of Captain Cooks’ parents. The cottage, built in 1755, was transported to Melbourne from Yorkshire in the United Kingdom!
5) Explore the city’s many sporting stadiums, including the Melbourne Cricket Ground and the Rod Laver Arena.
4) Spend a day at the beach of St Kilda.
3) Check out the street art on Hosier Lane.
2) Sip on cocktails while floating on the river barge restaurant, Arbory Afloat.
1) Stroll through the beautiful Royal Botanic Gardens.