An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in Washington!
9) Pay a visit to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
8) Check out the Memorial to Martin Luther King, Jr.
7) Appreciate the beautiful architecture of the Capitol Building, home of the US Congress.
6) Remark at the minuteness of the White House.
5) Wander around Arlington National Cemetery, the resting place of John F. Kennedy and many other notable Americans.
4) Explore the Franklin D Roosevelt Memorial and stumble upon the memorial to his pet pooch, Fala.
3) Pay your respects at the Korean War Memorial.
2) Stroll around the Tidal Basin to reach the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, surrounded by beautiful cherry blossom trees.
1) Climb the stairs up to the Lincoln Memorial and enjoy a beautiful of the reflecting pool up to the Washington Monument.