An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in Cambridge, United Kingdom!
10) Stroll through Parker’s Piece, the birthplace of the modern rules of football.
9) Climb to the top of Great St Mary’s Church for views of King’s College and across the city centre.
8) Wolf down a Chelsea Bun at Fitzbillies.
7) Take a walk from the city centre to Grantchester (avoiding the naturist bathing area of the river walk!) and stopping for a drink at the Red Lion, a traditional English country pub.
6) Explore the city’s beautiful Botanical Gardens.
5) Visit the grounds of the colleges that make up the University of Cambridge.
3) Take an amble along ‘the Backs’, the picturesque grounds behind King’s College.
2) Have rooftop drinks at the Varsity.
1) Take a punt along the River Cam up to Grantchester passing iconic sights such as the Mathematical Bridge, King’s College and the Bridge of Sighs.