An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in Rome and the Vatican City!
10) Leaf through your guidebook trying to work out what the huge, white monstrosity is in the centre of the city – the Vittoriano.
9) Visit the Vatican museums and the Sistine Chapel, after tucking into a delicious (as long as you avoid the tripe topping) slice of pizza from the incredible pizza by the slice (pizzeria a taglio) spot, Bonci Pizzarium.
8) Soak up the sun and have a full tour of the city on an open-top bus.
7) Fill your belly once more with an ice cream and a mooch around the Piazza Navona square.
6) Head to the top of the Castel Sant’Angelo for fabulous views of St. Peter’s Basilica.
5) Explore the Spanish steps and savour a glass of prosecco at the top of them.
4) Consume a pizza (yes, another one) at Hostaria Pantheon with a view of Pantheon.
3) Climb to the top of the dome of St. Peter’s Basilica and revel in the view of the Vatican City.
2) Throw a coin over your shoulder at the Trevi Fountain to ensure you return to Rome again!
1) Embark upon a guided tour of the Colosseum and the Roman Forum.