An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in tropical North Queensland!
10) Cuddle a koala at the Billabong Sanctuary before watching the crocodiles during feeding time.
9) Climb Castle Hill in Townsville for panoramic views of the city.
8) Take a crocodile-free dip at the Airlie Beach Lagoon.
7) Chill out on 4 Mile Beach at Port Douglas and take your pick from the town’s vast number of eateries.
6) Visit the huge expanse of sand at the palm fringed Mission Beach and have brunch at the Shanti Cafe.
5) Have another brunch at the Chill Cafe at picturesque Palm Cove.
4) Tour the Low Isles by boat and check out some of the Great Barrier Reef’s incredible marine life, like turtles!
3) Book yourself onto a tour of the Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation.
2) Hop on a boat to see one of the most beautiful beaches in the world – Whitehaven Beach on the Whitsundays.
1) Explore Magnetic Island by car (hire a Tropical Topless ‘Barbie car’!) and then see the koalas in the wild on the Forts Walk after a breakfast at Cafe Nourish in Horseshoe Bay.