An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in Lisbon!
10) Check out the longest suspension bridge in Europe, Ponte 25 de Abril.
9) Explore and enjoy the beautiful back streets of the city.
8) Be mesmerised by the unusual tiled floor of the Rossio square.
7) Visit the Padrão dos Descobrimentos, a monument to the explorers of Portugal.
6) Check out the stationary tram in the Bairro Alto quarter.
5) Climb to the Castelo São Jorge and appreciate the panoramic views of the city’s red rooftops from this locatio.
4) Wander around the Praça do Comércio and admire the square’s beautiful baroque architecture.
3) Catch a ride on the vintage yellow Tram 28, one of Lisbon’s most iconic sights.
2) Visit the medieval defensive landmark of the Belém Tower.
1) Gobble down a pastel de nata from Pastelaria Santo Antonio.