An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, my top 10 things to do in New York!
10) Walk the High Line, a former rail road which has been converted into a public park, before exploring Chelsea Market and grabbing a seafood lunch at nearby Catch NYC.
9) Check out the unusual architecture of the Flatiron building.
8) Take the FREE Staten Island ferry and see the Statue of Liberty.
7) Eat a pizza in Little Italy at Lombardi’s, the first pizzeria in the United States and the birthplace of the ‘New York style’ pizza.
6) Have rooftop drinks opposite the Empire State Building at 230 Fifth Rooftop Bar.
5) Take a lift to the Top of the Rock and feast your eyes upon the vast metropolis of New York, with the Empire State Building on the skyline.
4) Stroll through Central Park and check out the John Lennon ‘Imagine’ memorial.
3) See the new One World Trade Center and pay your respects at the very moving 9/11 Memorial.
2) Amble across Brooklyn Bridge and take in the views across Manhattan.
1) Visit the bright and bustling Times Square.