My lovely Mum (who is an email subscriber to my blog and has to listen to my endless updates about new post ideas – hi Mum, love you!) has written her top 10 things to do in Toronto and Niagara. Check them out below!
10) Take the subway to Dupont, and see the gothic style mansion of Casa Loma, with it’s distant views of the whole skyline of Toronto and its architecture.
9) Admire the design of Toronto City Hall as you take a stroll around Nathan Phillips Square.
8) Visit the Royal Ontario Museum. One of the largest museums in North America.
7) Enjoy the shopping and the entertainment quarter around Yonge Street and Dundas Square.
6) On a trip to Niagara, call in to Niagara-On-The-Lake and enjoy the pretty tree-lined main street, with its nineteenth century buildings, that sits at the mouth of the Niagara river.
5) Visit Toronto’s historic and cultural Distillery District, with its bars, restaurants and boutiques. Explore the nearby, bustling St Lawrence Market with its many stalls and eateries.
4) Take a walk along the shores of Lake Ontario, stopping at a waterside bar to sample the local beer or ice wine and marvel at the sheer scale of the lake. Or take a boat trip around the islands.
3) Stroll around downtown Toronto. Visit Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, the Hockey Hall of Fame, the Rogers Centre. Call in at Roundhouse Park and see the wonderful old Canadian Pacific steam locomotives.
2) Visit Toronto’s iconic CN Tower, with incredible views over the city and Lake Ontario. Spot ships crossing the lake. Dare yourself to stand upon the ‘glass’ floor. Dine at the spectacular revolving restaurant.
1) Delight in the natural wonder of Niagara falls, on a day trip. Treat yourself to a meal at one of the Falls’ hotels with magnificent views and see the spectators on the USA side of the river. Take a boat trip to the base of the Horseshoe falls and be astounded at the surge of thunderous, gushing, water power that surrounds you and prepare to get a bit wet!