An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in Krakow!
10) Create your own delicious pizza at Pizzatopia.
9) Travel around the city on electric scooter.
8) Visit the museum at the former site of Oskar Schindler’s factory, where Schindler famously saved 1200 Jewish people from the Holocaust by hiring them in his factory.
7) Visit Wawel Royal Castle, the first UNESCO World Heritage Site in the world.
6) Try Polish delicacies like pierogi, dumplings, at a milk bar – historically, a government-subsidised restaurant that was designed to feed the workers.
5) Watch the Trumpeter’s hourly call from the top of St Mary’s Basilica.
4) Have a tour of the Wieliczka Salt Mine: like nothing you’ve ever seen before, 1% of this former mine is now home to a tourist trail of chambers, lakes, chapels and statues – all made from salt.
3) Travel to the concentration camp and rail tracks of Birkenau.
2) Pay your respects at Auschwitz museum.
1) Sample vodka shots ranging from fig to chilli chocolate at the Wodka Cafe Bar.