An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in London!
8) Hire a bike and cycle around Hyde Park and the Serpentine Lake.
7) Walk from Horse Guard’s Parade and up the Mall to see Buckingham Palace, home of Queen Elizabeth II, to see the changing of the guard.
6) Spend a day shopping on both Oxford Street and Bond Street, finishing with a special dinner at sketch.
5) Head to Covent Garden and Leicester Square and take your pick from various West End theatrical shows and a plethora of different restaurants (my favourites being Flat Iron Steak – £10 steak! – and Burger & Lobster) or bars (head to Be at One!).
4) Take a turn on the London Eye and enjoy the views of Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament.
2) Book a trip to the Sky Garden and sip a cocktail (or two) while checking out the unparalleled rooftop views of the Shard.
1) Take an epic walk: starting at the Monument to the Great Fire of London, walk along London Bridge to Borough Market and continue along the south bank, past Shakespeare’s Globe, up to the Tate Modern art gallery – finishing your journey with food and nibbles at the Oxo Tower.