An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in Oslo!
10) Have a stroll along the waterfront at Aker Brygge and enjoy some al fresco wining and dining – weather depending!
9) Enjoy a guided tour of the Royal Palace.
8) Have dinner at Brutus and make the most of their extensive wine menu.
7) Journey out of town for sweeping views across the city at the Holmenkollen Ski Jump.
6) View Munch’s famous painting “The Scream” at the National Gallery.
5) Walk around the military grounds of the Akershus Fortress.
4) Check out the huge numbers of bizarre nude sculptures along with the “Circle of Life” at Vigelandsanlegget (the Vigeland Installation).
3) Track down an electric scooter and race (responsibly) around Frognerpark.
2) Visit the ‘secret’ bar Himkok for the best cocktail experience of your life.
1) Walk up onto the roof of the Opera House to check out beautiful views of fjords surrounding the city.