An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in Munich!
10) Visit the Friedensengel (Angel of the Peace) monument.
9) Check out the Neues Rathaus’ (New Town Hall) famous glockenspiel, with two daily showings of a Bavarian knight battling a French jouster.
8) Window shop many a designer label on the Maximilianstrasse.
7) Consume shnitzel and/or sausage at Ratskeller.
6) Visit the Maximilianeum, the palatial home to the Bavarian State Parliament.
5) Head to the top of the Neues Rathaus to see panoramic views across the city, including the Frauenkirche (Cathedral Church of Our Lady) as pictured.
4) Grab yourself a stein (or two) at the Hofbräuhaus, particularly during Oktoberfest.
3) Take a leisurely stroll through the English gardens and try to catch a glimpse of surfers on the waves of the manmade river Eisbach.
2) Visit Munich during the festive period and enjoy a gluhwein from one of the city’s many Christmas markets.
1) Immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle of the main city square, the Marienplatz.