An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, my top 10 things to do in Berlin!
10) Head to the Topography of Terrors museum to gain a better insight into the life of a Berliner under the control of the Nazis.
9) Explore the city during the festive period and enjoy a gluhwein (or two) at one of the many Christmas markets littered across the city.
8) Go to Museum Island and take your pick from a plethora of different galleries and museums to visit, while also managing to see the Berlin Cathedral (Dom) at the same time.
7) Take the lift to the top of the iconic Berlin TV tower (the Fernsehturm), with fabulous panoramic views across the city.
6) Check out the political graffiti at the East Side Gallery, the longest section of the Berlin Wall that remains standing.
5) Travel slightly out of the city for a tour of the Olympiastadion, the stadium that hosted the 1936 Olympics with the Nazis in power.
4) Visit Checkpoint Charlie, the best-known crossing point through the Berlin Wall.
3) Pay your respects at the very moving Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe.
2) Visit the beautiful architectural symbol of Berlin, the Brandenburg Gate.
1) Take a free tour of the Reichstag building, the home of the German Parliament (the Bundestag).