In reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in Iceland!
10) Visit the Sun Voyager sculpture.
9) Eat some incredible fish and chips at Reykjavik Fish Restaurant.
8) Take a walk around (the often frozen) Lake Tjornin on your way to the National Museum of Iceland.
7) Watch the cascading water (being fed by the second largest glacier in Iceland) at the Gullfoss waterfall.
6) Appreciate a 360 degree view of Reykjavik after taking a lift to the top of the Hallgrimskirkja, the highest church in Iceland.
5) Consume more fish with a traditionally Icelandic plate of plokkfiskur at Messinn.
4) Move between the tectonic plates of North America and Eurasia at the remarkable Pingvellir national park.
3) Attempt to see the dancing Northern Lights.
2) Have a glass of prosecco after a face mask in the waters of the Blue Lagoon.
1) Be amazed by the hot springs in the Geysir geothermal area.