An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in Valletta!
10) Check out the architectural delight of the Rotunda of Mosta, based on the Roman Pantheon.
9) Venture slightly further afield with a boat trip to the island of Gozo.
8) Hunt down an iconic red telephone box – not so novel if you’re British!
7) Enjoy an aperol spritz at one of the many bars lining the city’s streets.
6) Wander through the wonderfully preserved Fort Manoel, dating back to the 1720’s.
5) Explore the many narrow cobbled streets of beautiful Valletta.
4) Visit the Upper Barrakka Gardens to discover a panoramic view of the harbour.
3) Take a boat to Sliema for picture postcard views of Valletta, including great shots of the famous dome of the Basilica of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
2) Embark upon another boat trip to the stunning Blue Lagoon and Comino Island.
1) Have a sunset dinner at Cockney’s on the waterfront (and try the local speciality of rabbit).