An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in Paris!
10) Head slightly out of the city to see the stunning Palace of Versailles.
9) Check out the world’s best known windmill with a trip to the Moulin Rouge.
8) Walk across the heavily ornate Pont Alexandre in order to commence a tour of Les Invalides, a military museum and home to the tomb of Napoleon.
7) Visit the Louvre and join the rest of the crowds either eager to see the (very tiny) Mona Lisa or to pose with the gallery’s famous glass pyramids.
6) Take the lift to the top of the Montparnasse Tower for the highest viewpoint of the city that includes the Eiffel Tower on the skyline.
5) Consume a crepe outside the Notre Dame, after appreciating the cathedral’s gothic architecture.
4) Stroll down the Champs-Elysees and engage in some window shopping at Louis Vuitton.
3) Climb up the Arc de Triomphe and look down upon the twelve avenues that spawn off of the monument.
2) Appreciate the beautiful, panoramic views across the city from the Sacre Coeur at Montmartre.
1) Feast your eyes upon the Eiffel Tower at every possible opportunity and particularly during dinner at Monsieur Bleu.