An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do during Croatia holidays in the Dalmatian region!
10) Try local dishes such as ustipci (doughnuts) filled with cheese, octopus salad and black risotto.
9) Rub the big toe on the statue of Gregory of Nin for good luck in Split.
8) Sunbathe on Brela beach, a rare stretch of sand on Croatia’s coastline.
6) Explore Diocletian’s Palace in Split, the ancient home to the Roman emperor of the same name.
5) Travel by boat from Split to the stunning Blue Lagoon at Korcula.
4) Feast on the views of the Pakleni islands from the Fortica Fortress in Hvar.
3) Enjoy a night at Carpe Diem in Hvar – a beach club occupying one whole island.
2) Walk the historic city walls of Dubrovnik.
1) Ascend Mount Srd by cable car in Dubrovnik for fantastic sweeping views across the terracotta-roofed city.