An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do while travelling the Golden Triangle route (Jaipur-Delhi-Agra) in India!
10) Entering the ‘Pink’ City of Jaipur and hotly debating its true colour (definitely terracotta).
9) Paying respect to India’s dead at India Gate in Delhi, a monument to those who fell in WWI.
8) Hastily consuming a delicious lunch at the Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra in apprehension of an impending trip to the Taj Mahal.
7) Visiting the home of the Jaipur Royal Family, City Palace.
6) Dodging large numbers of free roaming cows. Everywhere.
5) Visiting the beautiful Patrika Gate in Jaipur, albeit of zero cultural significance.
4) Chewing down on a life (and eventually bowel) changing Biryani at the incredibly lively Peacock Rooftop Restaurant.
3) Exploring the vast complex of the Amber Palace in Jaipur; a personal highlight of which being the Sheesh Mahal (Hall of Mirrors).
2) Being awestruck by the honeycomb façade of the Hawa Mahal in Jaipur and the 360 degree views that the building offers from its rooftop.
1) First laying your eyes on the Taj Mahal.