An article that does what it says on the tin – in reverse order, here’s my top 10 things to do in Jordan! For extra pieces of Jordan country advice, check out my cultural and safety tips here.
10) Spend a night full of excitement at Wadi Musa, knowing that a trip to Petra beckons in the morning.
9) Appreciate the overwhelming generosity of Jordanians, with complimentary after-dinner pastries at Zawaya Restaurant.
8) Experience the madness of the Desert Highway (the road connecting Amman in the North to Aqaba in the South) with free roaming camels and shepherds with huge flocks of sheep.
7) Have lunch overlooking the Red Sea at Aqaba Royal Yacht Club.
6) Improve the look of any cellulite with an invigorating dead sea mud pack.
5) Stumble upon the Monastery and discover that there is so much more to the Petra complex than just the Treasury.
4) Ascend to the highest hill in Amman to explore the Roman ruins at the capital city’s Citadel.
3) Float in the Dead Sea.
2) Climb the red sand dunes at Wadi Rum, after reaching them via a 4×4 across the desert.
1) Emerge from the Siq (the entrance, a mile-long gorge) to Al Khazneh – the iconic Treasury – at Petra. Check out my Jordan country advice for Petra here.